This applet generates a Gantt chart based on the data provided in a text file. The applet enables organizing projects and sub-projects into folders for easy browsing. The applet has a search function that facilitates filtering and viewing only the projects of interest to the user. The applet also has a hotlink feature that enables accessing the team leader's or the team member's pages.
- This applet is based on JDK 1.0.2. If you are using Netscape Communicator and if you do not see the applet below then you might want to check out this page.
- By default, the applet displays the remaining duration for the projects. However, by enabling the "FullView" checkbox the complete duration for the projects can be displayed.
- Use the browser's horizontal scroll bar to view the full width of the chart. Use the "End" key to open all folders. Use the arrow keys or the PageUp/PageDown keys to scroll the chart vertically. Use the Ctrl+PageUp/Ctrl+PageDown keys to view the top and bottom of the chart. Use the "Home" key to close all folders.
- Single-click on the horizontal rectangular bar to access the project leader's page.
- Single-click on the folder/project name to see the sub-folders/sub-project names. When a folder is opened only that folder and its contents are visible.
- Single-click on the folder's contents (with the "document" icon) to view the team member's page.
- The search is case-insensitive. The search returns the complete hierarchy of the found document. (Example: "proj2").
If you are interested in testing the applet locally, here is the zip file (16K). These files can display upto 999 project with 4 tails for any given head. If you get an "IllegalStateException" error when testing the applet locally using NC4 try typing the URL (say, file:///C:/test_gcgen4/gcgen4.html) in the location window instead of double-clicking on gcgen4.html. The registered version of the applet can display any number of heads and tails.
Other Applets | What's New