This applet generates a Gantt chart based on the data provided in the applet tag CHARTDATA. The applet enables organizing projects and sub-projects into folders for easy browsing. The applet has a search function that facilitates filtering and viewing all the projects assigned to a team member or all the team members assigned to a given project. The applet also has a hotlink feature that enables accessing the team leader's or the team member's pages.
- This applet is based on JDK 1.0.2.
- By default, the applet displays the remaining duration for the projects. However, by enabling the "FullView" checkbox the complete duration for the projects can be displayed.
- Use the browser's horizontal scroll bar to view the full width of the chart. Use the "End" key to open all folders. Use the arrow keys or the PageUp/PageDown keys to scroll the chart vertically. Use the Ctrl+PageUp/Ctrl+PageDown keys to view the top and bottom of the chart. Use the "Home" key to close all folders.
- Single-click on the horizontal rectangular bar to access the project leader's page.
- Single-click on the folder/project name to see the sub-folders/sub-project names. When a folder is opened only that folder and its contents are visible.
- Single-click on the folder's contents (with the "document" icon) to view the team member's page.
- The search is case-insensitive. The search returns the complete hierarchy of the found document. (Example: "proj2").
If you are interested in testing the applet locally, here is the zip file (16K). These files can display upto 29 project items. The registered version of the applet has no limits to the number of heads and tails.
CHARTDATA param value
A typical CHARTDATA param value looks like:1;ProjectFolder 1;Aug 19 1999 to Feb 6 2000;empldb0.html| 2;Project 1.1;Nov 27 1999 to Feb 6 2000;empldb1.html| 1;ProjectFolder 2;Aug 19 1999 to Feb 6 2000;empldb0.html| 2;Project 2.1;Nov 27 1999 to Feb 6 2000;empldb1.htmlwhere we have two folders with one project each. The project lines are separated by the vertical slash character, '|'. Each project line has 4 fields separated by the semicolon character, ';'. The first field refers to the hierarchy level of the project line (1 being the highest and each subsequent branch incremented by 1). The second field is either the folder name or the project name. The third field refers to the duration of the project. The fourth field is the URL for the corresponding project/folder doc. Specify 0 if there is no associated URL. The indentations in the data lines are optional.