This applet generates a Gantt chart based on the data provided in the applet tag CHARTDATA. The applet enables organizing projects and sub-projects into folders for easy browsing. The applet has a search function that facilitates filtering and viewing all the projects assigned to a team member or all the team members assigned to a given project. The applet also has a hotlink feature that enables accessing the team leader's or the team member's pages.
- By default, the applet displays the remaining duration for the projects. However, by enabling the "FullView" checkbox the complete duration for the projects can be displayed.
- Single-click on the horizontal rectangular bar to access the project leader's page.
- Single-click on the folder/project name to see the sub-folders/sub-project names. When a folder is opened only that folder and its contents are visible. This feature enables browsing a large collection of project items in a compact browser window area.
- Single-click on the folder's contents (with the "document" icon) to view the team member's page.
- The search is case-insensitive. The search returns the complete hierarchy of the found document. (Example: "proj2"). The search feature enables filtering and browsing of all projects assigned to a resource or all projects handled by a given resource.
- Each content item can be displayed in upto two lines.
- The applet displays dates in the range 1997 thru 2096.
- Font size, style, color, English fonts on the buttons, etc can be altered using the applet's param options.
If you are interested in testing the applet locally, here is the zip file (27K). These files can display upto 300 project items. This version displays the author's name as the first content item. The registered version of the applet has no limits to the number of content items.