This applet generates a searchable, clickable organizational chart based on the data provided in a text file, ocgen5_try.txt. Please note that the indentations in this text file are optional and are shown for illustrating the hierarchy.
- You can arbitrarily drag the chart by enabling the "Translate" checkbox.
- You can double-click on any of the names to access detailed database of the employee. The target frame for the displayed pages can be specified through the applet param TARGETFRAME.
- You can search for any text in the chart. The search is case insensitive. Click on the reset button every time you change the search string. To search for the next occurrence of the same string, however, click on the search button consecutively.
- The search can be extended to include the hyperlinked documents by enabling the checkbox "Search Docs". Please note that the search will take more time when this option is enabled. (Example: corba).
- Initial positioning of the chart, box height/width and box horizontal/vertical spacing can be specified through applet params. A fillcolor can be specified for each box through the datafile.
- The number of strings in each box can be a maximum of 4. String spacing can be controlled through the applet param STRINGSPACE.
- A second demo of this applet reading another text file, ocgen5_try1.txt can be viewed in ocgen5_try1.html.
- Please note that when a tree need to be attached to the end of a "vert" branch the text file needs to be more elaborate as illustrated in these two examples: ocgen5_try2.html and ocgen5_try3.html.
To handle a bug in IE3.0
To handle a bug in IE3.0
Here are the files necessary to test the applet locally:
- Download ocgen5_try.class, ocgen5_tryElement.class, ocgen5_tryLayout.class , ocgen5_tryString.class, ocgen5.html and ocgen5_try.txt, all in one directory.
- Here is a zip file ocgen5_try.zip that contains all the files necessary for the examples shown here.
- Point the browser to ocgen5.html
- The data file consists of three kinds of lines.
- Lines starting with n0,n1,etc., that specify the name,title of each employee, etc. A maximum of four such strings can be specified. Example:
The last field ff6666 specifies whether to "fill" the box with a color.
- Lines starting with url that specifies the URL for the corresponding box. If there is no URL needed then specify a zero-length string ("").
- Lines starting with L like (L:n0:n1:n2:n17:hor) where n0 is head and n1,n2 and n17 are tails with a horizontal layout.
You'll be able to test upto 30 boxes with these files. The registered version has no limit to the number of boxes.
Home Nalla Senthilnathan