orgchartGenerator9This applet generates a searchable, hyperlinked organizational chart based on the data provided in the applet tag .
- The orgchart below shows an example of the applet. The data for the applet is read from the CHARTDATA param of the applet tag. The data format is explained here.
- The applet can also read data in a format that is more easily generated from a SQL statement getting data from a backend database.
If the dynamic pages return error please try this equivalent static page.
- JSP Example: Here is a dynamically generated orgchart JSP example (JSP Source).
- ASP Example: Here is a dynamically generated orgchart ASP example (ASP Source).
- The applet has a search feature to search for any text in the chart. The search is case insensitive. (Ex: "name 1.1"). Click on the reset button every time you change the search string. To search for the next occurrence of the same string, however, click on the search button consecutively.
- Each box in the chart can be, optionally, hyperlinked to a different document. By double-clicking on any of the boxes detailed database of the corresponding employee can be accessed. The target frame for the displayed pages can be specified through the applet param TARGETFRAME.
- The applet can display upto four strings in each box. A fillcolor can be specified for each box. The applet can be arbitrarily dragged with the mouse.
- The search and mouse-drag functions can be optionally turned off. An example is shown here.
- By default the applet positions the chart top and left justified. Default positioning of the applet can be controlled with applet params. Here is an example.
- The applet can also draw the chart with the leaf branches horizontal as shown in the next example.
- The applet also has optional additional params to display button labels and status messages in other languages. Here is an example.
- The height and width of the box and the spacing between the boxes can be controlled through the applet params.
- The spacing and justification of the content strings drawn inside the boxes can also be controlled through the applet params.
- Colors for the chart lines and text, mouseover highlight color can also be specified through the applet params. Font size, name and style can be controlled through the applet params. More details about using the applet params is given here.
To handle a bug in IE3.0
To handle a bug in IE3.0
If you would like to test the applet locally, here is the zip file with all the files: ocgen9_try.zip (48K). (NOTE: When you click on this zip file link you might see another page containing the actual download link). You can display 300 boxes with these files. This demo version displays the author's name in the first box. The registered version has no limits to the number of boxes.
Home | Nalla Senthilnathan